Bids & Requests for Proposals (RFP)
Requests for Proposal
Municipal Facility Space Needs Assessment
The City of Burnsville is seeking proposals from qualified architectural and design firms to perform a Municipal Facilities Space Needs Assessment for the Maintenance Facility and City Hall buildings. The selected firm will work with City of Burnsville staff and decision-makers to identify needs and develop options that ensure a high efficiency workplace. Plan options must give flexibility to adapt to future needs, looking out at least 20 years. The consultant will provide an assessment of space needs, concept plan, cost estimating, and project phasing. It is essential that the study be conducted in a transparent manner and involve the operations staff to the appropriate degree.
Key study objectives include:
- Design welcoming, well-organized facilities oriented to serving our community and promote inclusion and belonging
- Engage project stakeholders during all architectural and design phases
- Design high-quality facilities that reflect our values of innovation, collaboration and excellence
- Design a building plan and site plan that is functional for current services and flexible for future changes to services
- Ensure design meets B3 guidelines and uses LEED as a guide for design elements
- Design meets or exceeds requirements for ADA, building and zoning codes, and wellness goals
- Design spaces that are safe, secure and welcoming while providing a great public experience
Please submit the fee for your services on this project for both the City Hall and Maintenance Facility assessment. It is preferred that the proposed fee is a fixed, all-inclusive fee that reflects both compensation for services and compensation for reimbursable expenses based on the scope of the project identified above. Your proposal should also include a timeline for these services. Completion is anticipated within approximately of 180 to 220 days of an executed agreement.
Please send six original copies and one electronic copy of your responses to this Request for Proposal. These copies are to be received at the offices of the City of Burnsville no later than 4 p.m. on January 7, 2022. Proposals should be directed and delivered to:
City of Burnsville, Attn: RFP - Municipal Facilities Space Needs Assessment
100 Civic Center Parkway
Burnsville, MN 55337
Please direct questions in writing to Garrett Beck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Proposal response should be fully self-contained and display clearly and accurately the capabilities, knowledge, experience and capacity of the respondent to meet the requirements of the project and the RFP. The response is limited to 12 pages excluding appendices and include the following:
- Company history
- A statement relating to your general approach, objectives, and goals to this project.
- A description and timing of deliverables to be provided by the firm
- A detailed work plan that identifies major tasks to be completed and a timeline for those tasks that will be used as a scheduling and management tool.
- A detailed cost breakdown of the tasks performed with a breakout of hours for each employee per work task identified. The consultant will indicate any assumptions made for the number of meetings, drafts, etc. Please include a not to exceed total dollar amount.
- Examples of work in the past five years in similar government planning or analysis.
- Resumes, including responsibilities, background, and relevant experience of key personnel that will be working directly on this project with a focus on experience with similar projects
- Names of three to five individuals that can be contacted as references concerning the professional capabilities of your firm to perform on this project.
- Additional information or materials that you believe communicate the capabilities of your firm to perform this project.
Desired project schedule:
- Request for Proposals Advertised Dec 1, 2021
- Staff site tours Nov 15 – Dec 15, 2021
- Requests for Proposals Due Jan 7, 2022 by 4 p.m.
- Interviews (if necessary) Jan 18 -20, 2022
- Council Background details due February 2, 2022
- Council awards contract February 8, 2022
- Project starts February 9, 2022
- Project complete July 2022
The City of Burnsville follows Minnesota State Statute in regard to bidding requirements for municipal contracts. The current statute states:
- Bid amounts of $175,000
- The City of Burnsville is required to use a formal, sealed and competitive bidding process per the State of Minnesota's Uniform Municipal contracting Law Chapter 471.345.
- Bid amounts of less than $175,000
- A formal bid is not required.
- Local governments must receive at least two quotes.
- City may still choose to use formal sealed and competitive bidding process at its discretion.
- Small Purchases
- City of Burnsville departments are authorized to make small purchases up to $4,999.
The City of Burnsville's policy is to provide equal opportunities to contractors and subcontractors in the purchase of products and services.
Alternative Dissemination of Bids & Requests
This page is maintained as an alternative means to disperse public requests for bids, requests for proposals and requests for information per Minnesota State Statutes 331A.03 Subd. 3. Alternative dissemination of bids and requests.