- City Services
- Job Opportunities
Join Our Team!
We take care of you.
In Burnsville, we create great experiences for our you so you can do the same for our community. We offer total rewards, development opportunities, and flexibility that reflect our commitment to you.
We are a community where people feel safe and welcome to be themselves, visitors find a place they want to come back to again and again, businesses are positioned for success and our team finds meaningful work and opportunities to grow.
Come to Burnsville, you belong here.
Your Total Rewards
Benefits designed to take care of you.
Providing the highest level of care for our community starts with caring well for you. Focused on your wellbeing, our total rewards include:
- Twelve weeks of paid parental leave
- Up to four weeks bereavement and caregiver leave
- Leave donation options so we can help care for each other during difficult times
- Optional short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation equivalency that recognizes your professional expertise
- Sick leave and 13 paid holidays
Going beyond the basics.
- 100% employer-paid health and dental insurance plus options for employee-plus and family coverage
- Employer yearly contribution to HSA, HRA and VEBA plans of $3,000 for single and $4,800 for employee-plus and family coverage, deposited quarterly
- Guaranteed life insurance coverage at one-times your base salary or wages
- Optional supplemental employee and dependent life insurance
- Optional vision, hospital coverage, critical illness and accident insurance
- Flexible Spending Account for dependent care and certain health care expenses
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 per year
Burnsville employees automatically become members of the Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) when you begin public service.
- Police and Fire employees contribute 11.8% of total salary to PERA and the City contributes 17.7%
- For all other employees, you contribute 6.5% of your total salary and the City contributes 7.5%
Deferred compensation plans are also available to those interested through Mission Square and Minnesota State.
We believe that we all can benefit from ongoing learning and growth. We offer focused development opportunities through our organizational university, Burnsville University, to help people and teams be their best. Our comprehensive onboarding path engages new employees right from the start, with a year-long experience focused on connecting you to our organization and community. We equip people to use their strengths every day to make a difference in our community.
Work Your Way
We are creating a workplace that encourages a life well-lived. We are committed to flexibility in meeting the needs of our employees while continuing to provide excellent service to our organization and community. Whether you want to work in a coffee shop, adjust your start time, or wear jeans on a Monday, we encourage employees to work in a way that allows you to be your best.
We’re glad you found us, and we look forward to getting to know you. If you need any assistance with the application process, reach out to our HR department through email or give us a call at 952-895-4477.
- How can I add or edit information on my online job application?
- How can I verify that my application was received?
- When will I hear back on a submitted job application?
- How long is the hiring process?
- What will I experience throughout the application process?
- Do I have to submit a separate application for each posting that I am interested in applying for?
- What if I am not chosen?
- What if I need special testing accommodations?